Saturday, July 14, 2018

That's new.

I got some mail today. I can't imagine why. Pretty much everyone in my family hates me by now, and I don't have many friends. I'll admit, I've been a bit of a prick in the past, so I can't blame anyone else for the sorry state of my social life. I guess I'll go see what I got.

Oh. It was all spam. I can't say that's surprising.

I guess I should explain what I said earlier. About being a prick, I mean. I've been like this all my life. Depressive and rude. I act like a callous asshole to cover up for my ~deep inner turmoil~. I should probably see a therapist, but I'm poor as shit. I've been typing these posts on a janky old PC that I got for my 17th birthday. (I'm 24 now. I guess it's impressive it's lasted that long, but if you took a look at it, I think you'd agree that the only thing impressive here is that it even runs Internet Explorer.)

My parents... well, I'd say they're part of the problem. They aren't really abusive, per se, but they just sort of seem not to care, which I guess is a form of abuse all its own, isn't it? Point is, even if I'd asked to go to therapy when I was younger, even if we'd had the money, they probably wouldn't have wanted to. They'd have called me whiny and said to stop complaining, because there are people who kill themselves because they're so depressed, and I haven't killed myself yet, so obviously I'm fine. Some sort of "other people have it worse so your problems obviously aren't really problems" bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment